Saturday, October 2, 2021

Never get all four off the Spinner Rack

This is as close as I get. Fuck you, Hal Jordan
 

The Spinner Rack is one of my absolute favorite social media feeds, on any platform. They don't do  commentary, there are no reckons, and no slaughtering of scared cows - just four covers from a bunch of comics released on one particular day in history

As well as being a reminder how many fucking comics there have been, with hundreds and hundreds of covers to comics that I've never even seen before, it's impossible to go past any of their posts without noting how many of those issues you've actually owned..

They always put up four, and I've had a few threes, but never the full card. I think it's because they haven't done a hell of a lot in the late eighties and early nineties, when I was certifiably peak geek, and there were many, many days in the 70s and early 80s when all the issues are complete unknowns.

But I will get a complete set of four one day. Oh yeah. And it's meaningless and trivial beyond belief, but it's going to make my fucking day.

(Sometimes I think I can't get any more fucking dorky, and then I go and admit shit like this. There's always lower.)

No comments: