Sunday, September 27, 2020

The Last Box Of Marvel: Just the facts



#7 in a 27-issue limited series 
 
Following the complete history of Fin Fang Foom is easy when you just look up multiple wikipedia offerings, but there's still a lot of fun in randomly flicking through a reference publication from years ago, and in getting a complete record of a certain time and place in this massive and sprawling continuity.

It took me many, many years to get all 20 issues of The Official Handbook of the Marvel Handbook (Deluxe Edition) and all the '89 updates, but I got them in the end, and they're a terrific reference source, with an absolute certainty that if I ever have to figure out how much weight the Executioner could lift, the data is there.

They're also an absolute time capsule of the moment that the Marvel Universe ruled above all else in my life. That universe has moved on a long way since this encyclopedia, and so have I, but that rush of data is still so addictive.

No comments: