Saturday, November 23, 2019

A perfect equilibirum of comics



It's taken a while, but I've finally reached a perfect equilibrium in my comic collection. It's just not getting any bigger, I'm just refining it more, getting it down to the best of the best, and disposing of anything that isn't completely brilliant or of great sentimental value (which is most of them).

And after several decades of buying this shit, I have enough that the stuff I sell pays for the the new stuff I get. Getting it down to the basics by getting rid of the mediocre and using just some of those funds to load up on more.

We're on a tight budget in our household at the moment, and there is literally no spare money for something as frivolous as comics (even if they are better value than the claim of the 10 minute read reckons), but comic can pay for comic. There is a nice symmetry there.

The whole collection is slowly reducing, but it's also getting sharper and better. It's probably going to take the rest of my life to dispose of the lot, but that long investment is slowly paying off.

No comments: