Thursday, December 29, 2022

This is always the Tearoom of Despair: Writing about comics


Wonder girls, shadow cats and magpies


The peak of geek


The Fantastic Four's greatest adventure


Alan Grant gave the kids what they needed


Talking with Dylan Horrocks


Who's that Cable?


All around the world


The speed of Dillon


This is my most-read post ever


I AM a wanker


Slaine versus the El Women


Lone Wolf and Cub: Walking the white path


Thrillpower overload on dull suburban streets


He's the goddamn Batman


You can do it


Here comes Jim Lee!


Footrot Flats: Down on the farm for Christmas


Bringing death and terror to the masses


The big books of Bolland


How to become Seto Thargo


Luther Arkwright: Clean living might still save us all


The night I met the Big Red Cheese


Warren comics freak me out


Surfing the skies with Kenny Who


I still miss you, Dave Cockrum


Bob Temuka has come unstuck in time



Silver Surfer: Blinded by the gleam of his heavenly arse


Consider the McCarthy Dredd


Doomed Patrolling


Mark Millar wants to know what you are talking about


Thanos!



The Biz


The adventures of Nikolai Dante


Don't forget me, Animal Man


Still Uncanny, after all these years


Carlos is the man


Harvey's kinda town


Oh no he didn't.


Sheer bloody perfection.


We're all turning into Larry Niven


Total crush on the New Warriors


The Chaos Monsters: Too cute to live


Free your comics


The humanity of Watchmen


Last night the Invisibles saved my life


I didn't need church when I had the corner dairy


Love and Rockets: Something's gonna explode


Hero of the Beach


Moving out of home with Marvels


A life of comic books


Ambush Bug: So silly, so quickly


In Barry Linton's Auckland, everything was hot, heavy and horny


Kevin O'Neill's bestiary is finished


What the world needs now...


I still hate you, Captain Sunshine


My head is not yet full


No comments: