Friday, May 10, 2019

Game of Thrones: Oh, just shut the hell up



"Of course, the massive sense of entitlement and inability to manage expectations means most of the criticism around the new Thrones has been utter garbage, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's all fucking Mystery Science Theater 3000's fault, which had some proper laughs, but inspired a legion of arseholes to approach all their art in terms of pure snark, leading to the widespread success of shit like CinemaSins, with snide asides and obsessive nit-picking at the forefront, and no mention of theme, or tone, or anything beyond the obsessive need to be the smartarse in the room. And that leaves all the discussion around any art left buried in pissy bullshit."

- I can't stop saying shit like this to people, and I think I'm going to stab myself in the fucking face.


No comments: