Friday, June 3, 2022

Always Lovely Biscuits



Any time I'm in a second hand bookstore or junk shop or anything like that, I still make a point to glance through the 'M' section of authors and see if they have a copy of Grant Morrison's Lovely Biscuits. I've been doing it every time since the mid-90s, when I was a full-blown fanboy for the writer.

One thing I've learned in those decades is that it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever find it. It was a small press book and there's probably less than a dozen copies in the whole country, and they were all snapped up by Morrison enthusiasts a long time ago. The ones that show up on eBay go for a couple of hundred bucks and I could probably swing that, but where's the fucking fun in it?

I did get the Fortune Hotel book - with the more clear-eyed view of the writer's Kathmandu experience - at the supermarket that I lived across from as a kid. So who fucking knows? Maybe I'll find it in the excellent Chertsey book barn. I'll check next time I'm there. 

I always do.

No comments: