Wednesday, September 16, 2026

All my dreams come true


I sound like a fucking idiot every time I go to one of the local comic book stores - the absolutely excellent Iron Age Comics in Auckland's beautiful Eden Terrace, which I recently scored a bunch of mindbogglingly good $1 comics - because every time I'm in there I say something like 'holy fuck, I've been looking for this book for 30 years!' like a goddamn rube.

It's true, though. I had been hunting for the first Love and Rockets sketchbook since the 90s - I got volume two not long after it was published, but never saw the first edition anywhere until the week before last. And I had been after Lars Pearson's 'I, Who' book about all the Doctor Who novels since at least 2001 (and finding i recently could not be more timely); and the DC Comics Presents annual with Superwoman had been on my list since sometime in the 1980s.

I sound like an idiot because I actually am an idiot, but it doesn't take much to please a fool and I am so incredibly chuffed to get these treasures I was after for decades, and then just fiund sitting on the shelves. 

No comments: