Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Counting to 2000ad


Any time I have to count up to 1000 on something, like waiting for hundreds of computer files to move between folders, or I have to travel hundreds of kilometres, the numbers I see get mixed around in my incredibly dorky brain, and I always end up thinking of specific 2000ads from the first 20 years of the comic that match up to those numbers. It's not very cool, and not very interesting to anyone else, but it's just how I work.

So as things flick through, say, the 300s, I'm sitting there going 'oh, Old Ben is an android; Time Twister; Dillon does a werewolf; 'Um... synthi-sausage', McMahon Slaine, Halo Jones gets out, Strontium Dog foes Outlaw; and the Stainless Steel Rat For President', and I can do this for basically every set of numbers up to 1000.

This is of no practical use at all, but it is kinda fun, and I'll take 'kinda fun' over the usual dailymonotony this world can throw at us. 

No comments: