Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Bob Temuka's top five moments of remaindered comics bliss #3: Figuring out the new DC at the toy store






I was very, very confused by the post-Crisis DC universe, because I could only read tiny bits and pieces of it at first. I was more of a Marvel kid at the time, and DC's comics in this period felt weird and unusual to me, and I had only dipped a tiny toe into that strange new integrated universe.

So when a small pile of them appeared on a table at a local toystore, I was all over it. They were three or so years into the new universe, but it was the place to figure out what the hell was going on with characters like the Flash and the Huntress at that time.

They also had all the post-Byrne Superman I could eat, during the period he went into space and became a gladiator on Warworld, and that was easy enough to follow, because Superman was always easy to follow.

I still don't understand how a lot of the DC universe works these days, and it would take a lot more than  a small pile of comics to get the general idea. But it couldn't hurt.

No comments: