One of the side effects of moving house and actually sorting out the collection for the first time in years is that I keep finding I have multiple copies of the same comics and toys, even though I have no idea where the hell the multiples came from.
They are the most random things - a complete double up of six issues of the Kev series by Ennis and Ezquerra, several Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition comics. While cleaning out the kids room I found the same puzzle in two different toy boxes, when I always thought there was only one.
I can only assume that or reality really is something like the Matrix and it is getting so glitchy and buggy that there are repeated errors. Like it's not even trying anymore to keep track of how many comics there are in the world, or even in the cardboard boxes I have in the shed.
The radio doesn't help - after talking to a friend about the wonderful Kiwi band the Straitjacket Fits during a recent catch-up, I heard two of their songs on two different rock stations on the drive back home, and I never randomly hear their music out in the world.
And then when we moved out of old place, I met the guy who was going to move in with his family, and I recognised them as the DJ who plays at the kids' school disco. I don't know 99.9 percent of my neighbour's names, but I knew that guy.
Are there only so many people in the world, the universe has to keep using the same characters? Does reality need more quantum computing power?
I don't think I'm going to try and jump off a tall building to fly like Neo to test the theory, but I am getting rid of those extra Kev comics. They freak me out.
No comments:
Post a Comment