Wednesday, April 3, 2024

George always did the best easter eggs



The best part of the Incredible Hulk: Future Imperfect comic will always be this double page splash, where the last remnants of the world's greatest heroes and villains gathers dust. I feel like every time I look at it I see something new, like the Beast's skinned fur on the wall, or the Red Skull's noggin stuck up on a shelf. It's a trope that's been used dozens of times in modern superhero comics, but, unsurprisingly, nobody ever did it better than George PĂ©rez.

My second favourite part of the comic is that in the collected edition I got in the mid 90s, they fucked up the order on some of the pages right at the end of the first half, and it took me years to realise, because I thought the creators were getting all non-linear and shit, but it turned out they just mixed the pages up.

No comments: