Thursday, June 30, 2022

Sudden death at the Bar With No name



I wasn't able to get my hands on many old Marvel comics in the 1980s, when all I cared about in the world was Marvel comics, so I ended up relying heavily on getting my information from The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe: Deluxe Edition, and in the entries for the dead characters it seemed like every second villain was gunned down in the Bar With No Name, so I was always expected Captain America #319 to be an unrelenting bloodbath, with page after page of characters like Firebrand and Shellshock and the Vamp getting bloodily blasted with explosive bullets, but then it's 10 years later and I'm actually reading the issue in question and it's all over with in two pages and it was pretty fucking shocking, (even though I know that's nothing new now - hordes of supervillains are getting massacred every month, but will be back in the next reboot or whatever), just total hardcore how fast and horrible and final it is.

 Gruenwald could be fucking brutal, man.

 

No comments: