Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The lovely shelving of Skara Brae



Sometimes I think I spend far too much time looking at the big bookcase in the living room, wondering how all the books go together and how it all looks and flows, but then I remember seeing the shelves in the petrified village of Skara Brae, and seeing how people actually lived thousands and thousands of years ago, and seeing that they while that had bedding areas and hallways and all that stuff you'd expect, they also had nice shelving units to put up their knick knacks.

The idea of putting our pretty things on our shelves to admire and look at is as old as humanity, and making the bookshelf look nice is part of who we have all always been. I don't think I'm spending enough time looking at it, we've always been looking at it.

No comments: