* I was walking to work yesterday, and it was such a beautiful day that I took my shoes off as I walked through a park, and it was all lovely until I realised I was dressed exactly like Jack Hawksmoor.
* I recognised Sylvester McCoy’s laugh from more than 30 metres away across a crowded con floor.
* I was sending an email to a mate, and promised to bring him some hot Iron Fist action when I saw him later that day and it was only after I sent it that I realised it sounded like I was bringing around some bad porn.
* I bought Fantastic Four #43 for five bucks and my heart literally skipped a beat and I thought I was having a bloody heart attack. What a brilliant way to die!
* I am actually angry about the fact that I forgot the latest episode of the Sarah Jane Adventures had the Doctor in it.
* I honestly think a recent Judge Dredd story was the best comic I’ve read all year. Bar none.
* I can still recite every fucking word of the last episode of The Prisoner.
* I found a new Big Book this year!
* Every time that I see or hear something about a heatwave in the USA, and they talk about the temperature topping 100 degrees Fahrenheit, I always, always think of a panel from a 1982 Batman comic where the Caped Crusader is sweating like a hog under his cowl, while a radio says it’s going to reach 110. The Dark Knight never looked so uncomfortable
* I borrowed this beautiful book about Brain Bolland from Spatula Nik and I don’t ever want to give it back.
* Two moments of Paul McGann goodness in less than 18 hours – hearing the big man give a Q&A after a screening of Withnail & I, and then seeing him model part of a new costume and sonic screwdriver for the Eighth Doctor the next morning. I would go gay for Fassbender and Statham and Mark Millar, and now I would go gay for McGann too.
* A couple of weeks ago, I spent half an hour telling somebody how rubbish Y: The Last Man was. In retrospect, this may have been a bit much.
* I have created a list of all the comic books I want to buy, because I get easily confused, and I've put that list down on two business card-sized peiecs of cardboard. All the 2000ad and Cerebus and Bacchus and Shade The Changing Man and Lobo: Unamerican Gladiators I need. And it's so pretty I keep sneaking peeks at it. It's the best looking list I've ever made.